Dresi

Need explanation

9 posts in this topic

Hi! "The number of word device (VAR range) points for Device/Label Automatic-Assign Setting fall short." What does that mean? Possible to increase that range?

I have a FX3U-32MT/DSS CPU and I use GX Works2 with "Structured Ladder/FBD".

You need to define a bigger area of devices for the compiler to use. The compiler needs a device memory area (for each device datatype: timers, bits, counters, latch dataregisters...) which it can use to assign local labels (and global labels without device assigned to them) at compilation time. You can define these in the Tool menu (Device/Label Automatic-Assign Setting). For example, say you use a local label of datatype Bit somewhere in your code. The compiler needs to assign an address to this local bit at compilation time before transferring it to the plc. In my example, the compiler takes a device address out of the device memory area that you have reserved for bits. That could be an M-range (e.g. M6000 to M7000) or a B-range or whatever depending on what you have defined. At compilation time, the compiler will take an address out of the memory area and assign it to the local label, e.g. to M6999. In your case, say that you have defined 1000 local labels of datatype Bit and that you have only reserved 500 in total, the compiler will generate this error. Edited by Mitsu
2 people like this

That´s the solution. Thank you very much!

I'm using an FX3s PLC and had same issue. Above comments helped me as well. Thank you very much.

Hi i am new user here and working on PLCs from  last 10 years. As per my knowledge the compiler needs a device memory area  which it can use to assign local labels  at compilation time. You can define these in the Tool menu (Device/Label Automatic-Assign Setting). For example, say you use a local label of datatype Bit somewhere in your code. The compiler needs to assign an address to this local bit at compilation time before transferring it to the plc. In my example, the compiler takes a device address out of the device memory area that you have reserved for bits. That could be an M-range or a B-range or whatever depending on what you have defined.

turnkey pcb assembly

Edited by HollyJuster

As per my knowledge the compiler needs a device memory area  which it can use to assign local labels  at compilation time. You can define these in the Tool menu (Device/Label Automatic-Assign Setting). 

hdi pcb