Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abrown01

PanelView Application Transfer

2 posts in this topic

Hi, So I have a problem when copying an application from USB onto a panelview plus 700/1000. The copying part from external to internal memory is fine, then I load it into the current application and run it and everything works. Until you restart/cycle power to the HMI and for some reason it reverts back to whatever the previous application that was loaded was. If this has been deleted then a message appears saying the application can't be found. Transferring the application from the transfer utility on a PC to the HMI works perfectly and when power is cycled there is no problem the application sent loads and runs, provided the tick box "Run application at startup" is selected. Has anyone had this problem of a USB transferred and loaded application reverting back to a previous version before, and found a solution by any chance? My current work around is to make sure the new application is called the same as the previously loaded application and that works. However this creates issues with keeping track of revisions on sites. Cheers

Downloading the *.MER file using the Application Transfer Utility with the "Run Application at Startup" box checked is the only 100% reliable way I've found to make the PanelView Plus run that runtime file on reboot. This has been an issue with this product since the beginning, and I've never been able to get RA to explain for sure what steps actually make the *.MER into the "Current Project". One method I've tried is to include a Go To Config Mode button in the project. Once I'm in the Configuration mode I go and double-check the "Run project at startup" feature selections, then perform a soft restart of the PanelView using the Configuration Mode.