Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthucuc

How to connect GOT: F940 and PC

8 posts in this topic

Dear all, I'm study GOT1000 (but old Touch panel). Now, I have the system that already exits: GOT (F940GOT-LWD) ---> PLC: FX2N-48MR and, I would like expand this system that will connect with computer (PC) to get information form Touch panel & PLC PC ===> GOT ===> PLC However, I don't know the method which would use in here. so, I would like question to do it. 1. Can I connect PC & GOT using Ethernet or not? 2. (If have) How to do it/ I neet add new device or not? Thanks so much!

Configuration software may be needed on your PC?if you don't want to write the communication program yourself.

F940 does not have Ethernet. It's too old.

Thanks Crossbow, I knew that it's old type. So, I want to ask: We can add more module for it that help its can connect to PC via Ethernet (Example GOT1000, we will add FNB Card and Ethernet Module)

No, there is nothing you can add to F940 to connect it to Ethernet. You need to buy a newer unit.

I keep getting a formatting error everytime I try to connect to my got 940 any advice?

I have a f940got-swd-e and software gtd2 classic and using a db9 connector any suggestions on why it might not connect

Edited by new guy