Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ianreeves

1000 Object Display On GOT

6 posts in this topic

Hi, Just wondered if anyone had any hints or tips. I need to display a wafer map which is made from 1025 latched or not (L) numbers....... ( Q series PLC ) In theory I'd like to display them in on a screen, but the lag is horrible and I assume there is a maximum number of objects you can display at one time ? Any better ideas Ian

I don't work with GOT and GT Works, so can not give you the exact road map, but... The cause is that the data exchange with PLC is not optimized and each bit is read by separate request, as it's specified for HMI tags, while you need in that all bits are read by the single request. Some HMI software, analizing the mapping of PLC variables, make such optimization of data exchange automatically, some allow to do it manually, the some does not allow...

you don't really have 1000 items on one screen? what do you mean by lag? switching screens (and building content) or response of indicators once screen is loaded? What kind of connection with PLC? I like to put all my I/O, configuration etc on HMI, regardless of platform. had no issue making HMI screen with 16 indicators (or buttons) and use indirect addressing to show any range of I/O or L-bits (used for machine settings) or whatever..

Oh yes I do ! It's a map of wafer pick identifiers, used by a robot to pick or no-pick. So indeed a 1000 items on the screen !

I assume you are using the 15 inch screen? 1000 objects must have to be very small. I have a project with 100+ screens with tons of pictures and I don't experience any lag when switching screens or anything for that matter. Dave

can you please post screenshot of what you have?