Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest haitan

Can't Save Parameter !

6 posts in this topic

Hi Sir, My company just bought few second hand rotational moulding machine (clamshell) which was manufactured by Gemini engineering company, UK. The PLC system of this machine is Mitsubishi MELSEC A1S, (not sure because this is the first time we use PLC machine), inside the control panel I could found MELSEC A1S61P, A1SCPU, A1SX80, A1SY10, AISY40, A1S62DA. Now the problem we faced is we can't save the new parameter, even though the screen appeared "parameter saved" after we had put in the parameter we want! But once we pressed the start button, the parameter we had saved will jump back to the previous setting immediately. Could anyone please help us to solve the above mentioned problems !!! (Top urgent) Great gratitude for your prompt reply, thank you

Hello Haitan, Don't quite understand which parameter you are trying to alter or save. Are you altering a PLC parameter directly, or is it via a HMI or Thumbwheel Setting that you are altering this parameter. Please supply more information:- If its via a HMI, then are you entering the parameter value correctly, and hence that could be why the value defaults to the previous or last accepted value. Regards, Gene.

Haitan, Just one quick thought if its the PLC you are altering, is this parameter already being updated in the code itself within the program. Definately more information will help us give you a more specific answer. Regards, Gene.

I will try to make a guess. I presume you are altering a paremeter on an hmi screen. With it being a mitsubish plc, I will also presume that you are using a Beijers HMI. It strikes me that you are altering a recipe within the hmi, this would be the only thing that could say something like 'paremeter saved' (or recipe saved) You may be altering paremeters on a recipe that is not loaded into the plc. Then when you press the start button the old recipe is still in memory. Try loading a new recipe and see if changes happen, or try and find which exact recipe paremeter you are changing.

Hi Rother, Gene. Actually I was altered some parameter like (temperature, oven time, and etc.,) through HMI. Rother, you are absolutely right ! it's BEIJERS hmi. As this is the first time I faced with PLC machine, therefore, could sir or madam explain to me in detail or by showing me the every steps as to solve my plc problem. Thanks a lot for your kind reply. Regards, haitan

Without looking at the program for the HMI and the PLC, I cannot say for sure where the figures you are altering are being changed. If indeed they are parameters and not a recipe then the values you are changing are immediately changed in the plc. But this does not neccesarily mean that the new values are acting on timers etc yet. Does the screen say something like; OVEN TIME 21 MINS and when you change it to 20 it stays at 20 or does it go straight back to 21? Is there a button to load the new value either on the HMI or the machine? Depending on the plc program, some other action may be needed before the new values are actualy loaded into the working area of the program. Sometimes new values will not be accepted until a cycle of the machine has finished. Try to explain a little more of your actions, what order you do things and results you see. PS something else just struck me: are you pressing the enter key after altering a value. I have seen this done before and the more I think about it the more likely it is this. You enter a new value into the screen and it shows in place of the old value BUT !!!! if you do not press the ENTER key the value is not stored even though the new number is on the screen. The ENTER key is not so obvious on these HMI's, it is the one on the bottom right with an arrow pointing left. Yeah, I bet that is what it is,,,, press the enter key after setting a new value!