Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allan75

CJ2M-CPU31- CP1E-NA ethernet/IP data share

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, first sorry for my english. I'm working on a project to communicate a CJ2M-CPU31 and CP1E-NA with the option board CP1W-CIF41. My question is, How I can do to share data between PLCs. Thank you very much to all.

Here is how this can be accomplished: 1. You must use the FINS protocol. CP1E does not support EtherNet/IP, but it does support FINS. The CJ2M supports both EtherNet/IP and FINS at the same time. 2. You will use SEND and RECV network instructions in the CJ2M PLC. The SEND instruction sends data to the CP1E, and the RECV reads data from the CP1E. 3. Because the CP1E does not support a FINS routing table, you must use FINS Network 0 for the SEND/ RECV instructions. To do this, make certain that the Unit Number (rotary switch) of the Ethernet card of the CJ2M is set to 0. Sending a FINS command using FINS Network 0 forces the PLC to send the command out the Unit with the lowest Unit Number.
1 person likes this

Unit number is set to 0. But I can´t get RECV to work.

Here is an example. But this doesn´t work. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubn0j288zria3yv/Recv.cxp

Try the attached. Recv.cxp

Now it works. CJ2M UDP port no. must be 9600. I had UDP port no. 9604. I don´t know how to change on option board CP1W-CIF41 Remote Port No. And I change bit A202.00 to NO. Thanks.

Hi PMCR, I've got a similar project where we have a CP1L-E in a network with multiple CJ2M-EIP CPU's. The CJ2M-EIP CPU's are running an Ethernet IP datalink. CJ2M-EIP ports rotary switch are all set to unit no. 1 and are set to network #1 using a local routing table. This because there are also some NS terminals connected which by default have the Ethernet port set to network number #1. The CP1L only needs to send 1 bit to one of the CJ2M-EIP CPU's. If I understand correctly, I need to set the unit no. of the CJ2M that's suppose to talk to the CP1L-E to 0. Update the routing table for that unit to put unit 0 on local network #1 instead of unit 1. Next I can use a SEND instruction in the CP1L-E or RECV instruction in the CJ2M using network 0, unit 0, and node of the PLC across?

PDL You can keep your setup as is.I use Network Number of 0 for people not familiar with the ins and outs of FINS Routing Tables. you an keep your setup as is.If you don't already have a routing table in the CP1L-E, set Unit 250 to Network 1. 250 is the unit number of the built in Ethernet port.Then in the CJ2, use a destination network of 1, wth the destination node of the CP1L-E, and all will work.Make certain the FINS Node Number of the CP1L-E (in PLC settings) matches the last octet of the IP Address. Let me know if you have any issues. PMCR
1 person likes this

So CP1L-E does support routing tables for it's ethernet port, using "internal" unit no. 250? In that case it is a piece of cake :) *edit* I see it does now, I was a bit spooked about your statement about the CP1E not supporting a routing table. All good!

Yes. CP1L-E does support a FINS Routing Table. Unit 250 is the built in port. CP1L / CP1H supports a FINS Routing Table using CP1W-CIF41. Unit 253 is the one of the left, Unit 252 is the one on the right. CP1E does not support a FINS Routing Table.

Agreed. Welcome back to the good side! Hope you are doing well.

Thanks guys, a bit less hands on but you see what that brings me.. I'm getting rusty!!

You think you're rusty. I'm oxidized!