Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FET_Destroyer

NS HMI upload list over ethernet

2 posts in this topic

Dear All, First of all let me thank you all for the useful information that all contribute to this forum, it seems that I will learn a lot on this forum. I'm a newbie in the PLC world, and I'm thinking of doing something that I don't know if its possible. I have some lists in the CX-Designer that are being loaded from a .lst file that I create in the project. Is is possible to update this file over Ethernet? For example, the NS console, instead of reading this file from memory (I supposed that is stored on the internal memory or flash card), read the file on a FTP folder? In that way I update that folder on the fly, and I will have always my list updated, otherwise I will have to reprogram each time the list is updated. This also maybe possible, by saving the list in the PLC memory (???), and then update the PLC memory by FTP. Can anyone help me with this? My system is: CJ2M and NS10 Regards Pedro Reis

you are able to access the memory area where the .lst file is stored in the NS via FTP connection and can update the file that way and the screen would show the updates when the page was refreshed or switched to. For the other option, the answer is Yes you could store the list in the PLC and have it dynamicaly changed, I am not sure though if you could change the data via FTP to the PLC? scott