Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sudhirkotwal

Telemechanique PLC TSX 17

19 posts in this topic

I am using Telemechanique PLC TSX 712 4102 with XBT A70101 terminal. It has EEPROM memory and PL7-2 software modules. Before a week power failure was there in machine, after restoring power, PLC remain in STOP mode (LED blink). Can any one help me to restoe the PLC back in RUN mode. I tried to remove battery then ON power to PLC, but same. I tried to remove EEPROM then ON power to PLC, but same. Instruction manual says about bit SY00, SY01. How to set these bit so that PLC can be put in RUN mode. Please some one help. Our machine production is stopped since one week.

Hi there, Your plc is probably not configure for an auto-run after beeing powered-up, but it looks like you already figured this out. My guess is that if you can connect to the plc, just start it from the soft, my pl7-2 skills are long forgotten, but i'm sure it is possible with something like F5 or F6 then F9 to confirm. The very first input I0.00 could be used as a start/stop switch on certain applications. As for the system bits like SY0, SY1, they are not meant to be set and/or reset by the user, they are system managed, SY00 and SY01 are true at very first scan after retart, one is cold and the other one warm restart, but not sure which one is which as we usually test both as OR'd. Hope I helped...

Morning, You have to check how is the micro switch behind the eeprom cartridge. It should be pushed on the left on the "master" position. In this position, at startup if the program in the RAM is different from the EEPROM, the one in the EEPROM is automatically transfered into the RAM. If you do it and plc remain in stop mode I'm afraid you have definitively lost your program JC

Thanks a lot. I'll check these steps suggested, and revert back.

OMG!!! If it si so, then can some one help about instructions to download program from PC to PLC. I think I have a back up copy of the application program. But, ofcourse, I have to arrange a PC with DOS or WINDOWS95.

Morning, If you have a copy of the program that's fine. I have a virtual image of OS/2 including PL7-2 software. So you just have to install Virtual PC on a a computer and get a RS232/RS485 transfer cable. I will explain you eventually how to execute the transfer. JC

hi, If you really need to set an DOS environnement without installing old OS and/or virtual machine, you can use the software DOSBox, it emulates a DOS environnement quite accurately and can handle com port, assuming you have one left on your computer as RS232/485 have been removed from new computer physical configuration unless you specify you need one...

Oh good!!! I did not know about DOSBox. I checked on internet, it looks pretty good. I have to ask one thing that, does DOSBox software support 16bit applications on 32 bit OS like Windows XP or Windows 7? Can DOSBox communicate on COM ports same as DOS operating system, normally? Edited by sudhirkotwal

i have got the software pl7-2 installation copy. but i can not install on computer because it shows "error 251" "user interface is not installed correctly". can someone guide me to get the related software.

There are several components to the software. The order in which they are installed is important. I would recommend just getting the working image from acpi and running with that.

Hi, sudhirkotwal, send me by pm a copy of your backup application program and I will integrate it into an OS/2 virtual image with XTEL and the PL7-2 software that I will send you eventually. First, download and install Virtual PC, so you'll be ready to use my virtual image with your program. JC

Thnaks for the reply. Please see attached files of the software i've got and my application backup. Kindly advise to install software on computer with Windows98. TSX17 Software.zipAPPLI.zip

Hi, Forget the DOS version of the PL7-2 software, we're in 2013 not in the eighties ! I sent you a pm with a link to download a virtual image including PL7-2 under OS/2. You can install it on any computer that can run Virtual PC. Of course a serial port will be more convenient but and usb adaptor can work too. JC

Good Afternoon sir. My name is Alex and I from Romania. Can you help me please with this software for TSX 17 and if you want with a schematics diagram for communication cable.

Dear, can you send me the link with the image to download? Thanks a lot

hi, I'm working with a TSX47-20, try installing the PL7 2 that this in this post, I have the OS / 2 Warp 4 running in virtual pc, and XTEL v6.1 installed correctly, but have not the file "user interface" to install PL7-2 could someone send it to me. jair.rdc.control@gmail.com thanks.

Hi , Please I need this virtual machine , please to send it to me by mail .

Hallo , acpi. Please send me the link with software PL7-2.