Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Setting Real Time In TP170B

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a S7-313 connected to a TP170B HMI. I use it to show operational alarms e.t.c. The problem is that this version of HMI does not have a battery so when powered down time goes to default. I need to symchronise the PLC with the HMI. I have created SFC0 and SFC1 for reading and writing Date/Time and have put in to DB7 Word 76. I have then made an area point in Win CC Flexible and created a Tag using the Word 76 and used it as the Address for the Date/Time setting in the Project Communication Setting. As soon as an alarm activates it shows 1990 and 1.1.00.0000 which is the setting in the PLC. Could some one please advise me where I am going wrong. I want an up to date time on the HMI. Regards Peter

Do you have addresses DB7.DBW76 to DB7.DBW86 (12 bytes) all reserved for a system clock? Edited by Homer_BL

Hello, Yes I do but but how do I represent that in the Area Pointer Tag. I have tried DB7.DBW76 but not working. Regards

Create Step7 project. Insert S7-30 CPU. Insert TP170B HMI. Open in Step7 MPI (NetPro) if MPI are connection. Connect both S7-300 and TP to MPI. Open TP170 in WinCC Flex Make suggested connection active, or create new one to a LISTED partner. Then deafine an Area Pointer using Symbol in offered list. Create DB like this to read RTC. Use SFC1 to read RTC, and make outputs of that instruction like shown. So: 1. Area pointer uses 6xWord variable (12bytes). 2. SFC1 store RTC as a DT variable (8 bytes). 3. You have to define 12-bytes stucture in DB, consisting of a) DT variable (for storing RTC) and b) 4.bytes reserve ->>>>>>> total 12 bytes so HMI RTC can be synchronised. Edited by Homer_BL

many thanks Homer i tried all your suggestions tonight but to no avail. I am still getting the year 1990 and the midnight time on my TP170B is it possible to email u a copy of the s7 programme and my win cc programme. I must be missing something stupid. Its very frustrating. Regards Peter

Sure, post a ZIP/RAR project file here.

Many Thanks Homer am at work tomorrow so will post them then . I read that you need to install OB35 in order to drag the Time/Date out. I will have another go tomorrow. I cant be far away from achieving my aim. Regards

Hello Homer, I have attatched the S7 Programme with todays date. Could you please take a look at the Blocs and DB7 76 and offer any advise on the Date/Time issue. Kind Regards Peter Siemens Programme.zip

First, you use WinCC Flex 2008SP3 (I have SP2 only), so I could not open your HMI device. So I deleted your HMI and placed a new one created in SP2. Do not worry about that, just convert it to SP3 while opening. In yout Step7 project, there were some issues, as shown in pictures attached: 1. There were NO MPI connection created (HMI station was DISCONNECTED) 2. DB7 did not have a name (must have name for use symbols) 3. Variable MUST have a name other then STAT*** for using symbols 4. When opening HMI device, connection is automatically created. Make it ACTIVE. then, in Area Pointer for RTC, choose SYMBOL for RTC read. 5. In OB1, i put a SFC1 to read real time clock. So, -Download DB7 and OB1 to PLC. -Create a startup screen to show a SYSTEM DATE AND TIME in HMI. -Download HMI application to a HMI station. -It will work. AT TEH BOTTOM OF THIS POST; YOU WILL FIND STEP7 PROJECT ATTACHED TOO. POTT_V2.zip Edited by Homer_BL

Many Thanks Homer, I will download as soon as I can access the TP170B. When I sent you the S7 programme yesterday I had to send it via my home PC as I do not have an internet connection at work. The email to my home email aws blocked by my companys IT Security and was only allowed through when I verified that it was for a work project. I then got a message on my lap top screen at work saying that the programme had been removed from my C Drive. When I accesed my saved copies of the programme they had all reverted back to the original programme that came with the PLC. I cant find the programme that is inside the PLC and is synchronised with the HMI so I fear that I will have to do another Screen Programme unless some body knows of a fix. Anyway once again thank you for your time. Peter

Homer, I managed to sort the connection problem and my HMI now shows Real Time. Many Thanks Peter