Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Problem Converting C200HS to C200HG

10 posts in this topic

Hello, We have just acquired a PLC that when it arrived contained a C200HS with a HMI Screen that controlledit. Within a day of running the PLC blew so i was advised by Omron to fit a C200HG. I ordered a PLC with Back Plane and fitted and downloaded the old Programme plus set up the IO table. I cant get the machine to run. The programme contains a lot of Sub Routines and Link Relays but I am wondering whether or not all the functions relating to C200HS are the same with the later C200HG. The programme is complicated for me to umderstand as I am used to CJ1M. Has any one converted the same PLCs and had trouble. Regards Peter

Just a thought, the problem may be that D memory values were not transferred to the C200HG. The C200HG should support any instructions and modules that were in the C200HS. Any idea where the Link relay information is/was coming from? If you can check the Error Log it may indicate why the PLC will not go into Run mode.

Okay thanks will try tonight. Is it a question of cutting and pasting the Memory Ares from one Programme to another. The contacts are not editted but I would guess that the Link Relay information is coming from the HMI Screen. The machine is from Switzerland so not really known to me. Thanks for reassurance about instructions e.t.c Regards Peter

You did not indicate what I/O modules are involved. If any of the modules are "special" I/O modules (other than digital in/out) these modules may not initialize. The configuration of these modules is contained in both the I/O area and DM area of the PLC. You should be able to copy the memory from one processor to the other. Will the C200HS power up? Are you using CX-Programmer? Newer versions (I know version 9 for sure) has the PLC Backup Tool. This tool will backup all memory area, program, I/O table etc. Hope this will help.

Link relays were normally used to transit data between PLCS - there is also a problem with link relays - if a PLC drops offline the link relays retain there original state when the PLC drops offline - a real pain! Geez, have not used them for many years. Had to put in a heart beat so I could handle the event of a PLC dropping offline.

I believe the PLC programme was devised 1994. I tried to transfer the Data Memory last night but not sure if the original C200hs programmes memory is original as of course the PLC blew up. I am using the latest Version of CXP. tHE lINK mODULE IS 201-V1. I will post a section of the programme when I wake up as spent most of last night struggling with programme. Regards Peter

Could it be that you are missing some expansion instructions? Geir

The machine is now unning in Auto but we cant get it to go in to Manual. The HMI Screen is manufactured by a company called Prexite and for setting up purposes a key is made and a button on the screen is pressed which allows the operator to make adjustments. Can I individually alter the Data Memory in the programme so that the old C200HS Programme matches the new C200HG Programme as I feel that this is where the problem lies. The HMI Screen is not reading the correct Memory in certain areas. It is impossible to work out what Memory area the buttons on the screen access when they are pushed. Dont the Link Relays connect the PLC to the Screen as well. The Programme also contains a lot of Sub Routines. I will post the programme later. Regards Peter

I see no real issue with modifying the DM values. Please understand that if you have any Special I/O units you need to be very careful with DM 1000 - DM1999. Same with IR100 - IR199. Hope this will help.

Okay Many Thanks, I dont have access to the HMI Programme and although I have done Siemens Win CC and Omron NS HMI this is almost impossible. I think we will have to put in our own HMI and modify the Programming. Regards Peter