Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burnout2676

Need Help converting a PLC Program

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to convert a program written for a Panasonic with FPRWIN over to a KV Studio format for Keyence PLCs. Does anyone know of any conversion software? Or am I forced to try and rewrite this program?

It seems Panasonic uses Codesys (no idea of that), you could look at their web page (http://www.codesys.com/the-system.html) and try to find out if they work with Panasonic and keyence... If that would be the case then you could directly use Codesys to translate the code to the new controller. One of the clearest advantages of writting code using ST is that it is easy to copy and paste it... but of course this won't help you a lot. hope you'll succeed with the codesys way...

Nope, you will have to retype it in the Keyence software. There are almost no instances where one controller brand can be converted to another by software. Unless as was mentioned above they both use Codesys, which Keyence does not.

Would anyone be willing to help me rewrite this program in KV Studio format? My basic knowledge of the ladder builder software isn't getting me very far. I am willing to pay for services if needed.