Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Salsa_Shark

1784-pcmk...s?

2 posts in this topic

This isn’t a problem anymore. I just wanted to post what I ran into recently. A couple of months ago the note computer I used for programming was stolen with the 1784-PCMK card still in the pc slot. We replaced the computer and in order to save money we ordered a recertified 1784-PCMK from an online company www.plccenter.com. We received the card in just a few days but when we tried to install it none of the drivers worked. I called Allen-Bradley tech support and it wasn’t long before we realized that the 1784-PCMK card was actually a 1784-PCMKS. I had never heard of this but tech support told me that Allen-Bradley flashed some of the cards incorrectly and that most of those went to Europe and that they have been recalled. He told me to contact the company that sold me the card and have them send me a new cark and Allen-Bradley would cover this at no charge to us. Upon contacting Speck Industrial they promptly exchanged the card with no problems at all. I am wondering how many others have had this problem. Cale.

Gosh, I remember that batch of PCMK cards, they went out just after I joined the Company... six years ago. Looks like your remanufacturing buddies got what they paid for !