Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ali Imran

ES: 0180840b

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have a problem. And I hope someone can help me solve it. I was monitoring my ladder diagram on GX Developer running on FX3U-32MR controller through USB SC09 cable, when I left the system running and went away for about 5 min. When I came back there was this error on computer screen: Cannot communicate with PLC for one of the following reasons. Communications timout Cable error Specified transmission speed not supported for connected PLC Monitor condition set status is read by device The project PLC and the connected PLC are different. <ES:0180840b> Now whenever I try to communicate with PLC, I get the same error. Settings in transfer setup are Ok and also the COM Port settings. I am pretty sure that the situation with me is "Monitor condition set status is read by device", but I dont know how to resolve this and make computer and PLC to talk to each other again. Please help!

The SC-09 cable you have, is it a USB connector on it at the PC end or is it a 9-pole D-sub (RS-232) connector on it? When I tried to use a USB to RS-232 converter and my SC-09 (RS-232 to RS422) programming cable did I have big issues when monitoring the PLC code. I had a "blue screen" if I was connected to the PLC for more than a minute. When I bought a new PC was the only requirement a RS-232 port on it, and I have no problems after that. Try to reboot computer the first and try again. If that doesn't help, reboot the PLC too.

There is no such thing as a USB SC09 cable. There are many third party cable vendors making them, and whether they are any good or not depends on the chipset they use. They are simply a standard SC09 with a USB to serial converter. The only official solution if you have no USB port is the FX-USB-AW cable from Mitsubishi. I have used a Keyspan USA-19HS converter without fail with almost every single automation software I have touched. Get that one.

I have this cable: http://www.plccables.com/mitsubishi-usb-sc09.html There is USB connector at computer end and this cable has USB-to-RS422 Adapter built-in. I tried rebooting computer and also the PLC, but no luck.

When you installed the drivers, what COM port number got assigned to it in Device manager? And did you set GX Developer to that serial port number?

Device Manager indicated that the cable is connected to COM3. While the project is open on which I was working on, the "Transfer Setup..." in online menu is turned off. I can now only access Transfer Setup by closing the project and going to Online>Read from PLC..., then I select FXCPU and then I get the Transfer Setup menu. But when I confirm that all the settings are Okay and click Ok (or Connection Test), I get the same error.

Transfer Setup is grayed out when the software is online. Typically that means the software is already in an online mode. Go to Tools menu, select Options, and then in top right select 'Don't Write to PLC'. This might fix it. Also, you will want to close any open monitor windows.