Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

1762-IF4 Question

4 posts in this topic

I have a ML1200 with two 1762-IF4 analog cards, setup as 4-20mA. The first module is working fine, the second is not working. All of the channels are reading digital 32650 at all times, even when I remove the signal. Only 1 channel is being used, and even the unused, un-connected channels read 32650. With the transducer signal line re-connected, it does not change (still 32650) but when I measure it with a clamp on milliameter is reading 0 mA. The PLC still runs, but occasionally it will fault with S:6 = 279h. This is a non-recoverable error, I have to go online to clear the fault. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Thanks in advance.

A x79 error meesage is an expansion I/O module fault. Check the staus of the analog card in question and check documentation of the I/O card for possible remedies for your problem. If none of those work you may have to change the card.

Check and double check the ribbon connection to make sure it is seated properly and for bend pins.

The 1762-IF4 module if I remember right also has 4 dip switches on it (1 for each channel) to select either voltage or current input. Might check and make sure these are set correctly if you have not already. Might try another module or swap positions with the two modules and see if the problem moves or stays with the same position.