Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arun Opto 22

CompactLogix with 1769-OB8

5 posts in this topic

I have a CompactLogix L32E, and am simply trying to add and configure one I/O module to it: a 1769-OB8 (24VDC source DO). I've physically attached them, and have added them module to my RSLogix5000 configuration (backplane), but I get an "I/O Not Responding" blinking light when I go online and/or run mode. My fear is that I've got a controller and module of different vintages. I bought the controller in 2008, new from an AB Distributor. But, the module is from E-Bay recently. But I don't know if that is the issue....maybe I'm doing something simple wrong? I've attached screen captures of my RSLogix (V17) controller configuration, the module configuration, and the sticker on the side of the module. Any help and/or ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Arun

PS - I just realized that I don't have a "right end terminator" cap after the DO module. Maybe I need that?

you will need the right end terminator but you should be getting a different error message if I am remembering right on this The terminator cap closes the bus connection like a terminating resistor on a CAN bus

Hi Arun ! The absence of the 1769-ECR is almost certainly the problem; the CompactLogix 1769 backplane won't run without it.

Guys - thanks. It was indeed the right end terminator. Bought one, put it on, and all systems go. Silly one - sorry.