Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lostcontrol

NB5 & Modbus

3 posts in this topic

Hi I am testing the NB as a modbus master with mixed results. It seems I am able to write to the salve device, but not read correctly. I switched to just using multiway, & all appears correct when monitoring the send/recv strings, but the value on the NB does not update & a comm error is displayed. I am pretty sure I have the wiring correct, using 485 from pins 6&8 through a 485/232 converter to multiway. Any suggestions on where I might be going wrong?

Hi lc I've used the NB as a modbus master a few times with MX2 inverters. Whilst testing I just had the Comms wiring thrown at it on my desk and saw exactly the same results as you. I changed to proper screened twisted pair and it worked perfectly. The message obviously 'got through' to write, but the NB couldn't interpret the reply. Pp

Hi PP, The cable was in my list of things that cod be a problem, but since I have used this same wiring & environment with a Magelis testing the same thing, I put it to the bottom of list. I am going to try the NB as a slave to see if that makes any difference, but is wierd that multiway receives/replies as expected, yet the NB reports timeout