Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest pooley100

Any idea where to purchase one from?

9 posts in this topic

If anyone knows where to purchase a SCO6 lead from it would be very helpful. I need to connect to a number of mac 40+ HMI to pull the programs off. Thanks in advance Mat Edited by pooley100

You don't need a SC06 cable to download a program from a MAc 40 HMI unit.

How do you get the program off? If I dont need to get the lead that would be great! Regards Mat

For info, the SC-06 lead comes with a 5v power supply which connects to the lead to supply the HMI when you up/download, as the HMI gets its power from the CPU, when you unplug it, it switches off! Sadly, the SC-06's are obsolete, the last place I knew that sold them was RS components (where I got mine from). Mitsubishi no longer supply this part. My suggestion would be that you borrow (or rent) one from either Mitsubishi or a local system integrator. Regards

I have used a home-made cable to program MAC40 HMI units and it works fine! You will need the MAC software on your PC and two, 9 pin female sockets and cable connections between them as follows: Join pin 2 to pin 2 Join pin 3 to pin 3 Join pin 5 to pin 5 Link 7 & 8 at the PC end only Link 6 & 1 & 4 at the PC end only Note that the connections to the sockets are different and one socket is specifically for the PC and the other for the MAC. With the MAC program running you can look at the program in the MAC40 and download to your PC. You will need a 24 volt DC supply on the MAC. Because the MAC contains a RS232/485 converter, you will be able to use the same cable to program the PLC using MEDOC if the cable from the MAC to the PLC is fitted.

Sorry, I am "Guest" above! What with losing the connection half-way through and my haste, I forgot to add my name!

Thank you very much I will make this lead up and try it. I have got the resource to borrow one but you know whats its like in an emergency you can never get hold of one. Regards Mat

Have a go! it has worked for me for about 6 years! In my original message I wrote that this cable can be used to program the PLC through the MAC. This is correct. But the MAC must be connected to the PLC with its proper Mitsi MAC to PLC cable. It appears from my message that the home made cable is connected from the MAC to the PLC.

The MAC-40+ (MTA-100) has a 25 pin connector and use 5vdc through the cable. From what I've seen, the 232 ports didn't show up until the MAC-50 (MTA-250).