Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

Activation Problem - cx Supervisor

5 posts in this topic

A Client of mine has had a CX Supervisor package running since 2005. the computer finally bit the dust... They have managed to install XP on another PC. Supposedly it was all installed correctly off site and tested to run OK offsite. I went to site the other day to enable the Ethernet comms on the package to the PLC. and the following dialogues come up...... I have run the dongle installer numerous times...the software finds it and supposedly activates it... but when running the software either starting the developer or run time this message comes up. i have looked into the reg file for Omron and found the Dongle entry... but it is set to 0. I thought that it would be 1. Any light on the subject would be appreciated...

Geez Sleepy - go you? Have no idea by the way - never seen this before. Have you found a bug?

check out the manual, there is a topic about failing to update registry - got to do with priviliges of the logged in user in windows. use administrator user or do the changes in registry as described in user manual of cx-supervisor

Found a tech note on omron EU site...and have instructed the client IT with it.... have not heard anything back as yet from them... CX-Supervisor(and CX-Server) require Administrator rights to be installed on a computer, but other users can then run the software. The run time will run without problems as a Standard User (member of Power Users group) and will run as a Restricted User (member of Users Group) although will show errors when trying to update the registry. To avoid these errors specific registry access can be provided by an Administrator to the following registry keys: •HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0002D780-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} •HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0002D781-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} •HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CX-Supervisor.Application •HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CX-Supervisor.Project

I get rid of this issue after re-installing the tools, but firstly to grant a admin user-right and go ahead from this point. but ended up with no access to grant full access with the second registry code. "ACCESS DENIED", the rest just goes hi-way, no problem. Any idea ?