Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasonABTX

Problem getting CS1W-ETN11 to connect using ethernet

10 posts in this topic

I have a CS1G-H processor with a ETN11 ethernet unit. I can use Sysmac Way and RS-232 to get online with the PLC but I can't get it to connect via plant network using ethernet. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks, Jason

What are your plant IP addresses? Is the PLC on the same subnet as the PC? Is the IT department blocking or routing traffic in the default ports? There are hundreds of things that can prevent the two devices from seeing each other on Ethernet. Post your IP address and subnet mask from each device (PLC and PC) as a starting point.

Thanx for the help Crossbow, PLC: IP is 172.21.208.222 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 Laptop: IP is 172.21.208.159 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 I attached a screenshot of the ETN11 Parameter settings window. I tried to attach PLC IO Table and Laptop network settings but file was too large. I will attach to another post. I don't think IT is blocking or routing traffic but I will check that in the morning. Thanks again CS1W-ETN11 Screenshot.bmp

Here is the PLC IO Table screenshot PLC_IO_Table_Screenshot.bmp

Here is the laptop settings shot Laptop_Screenshot.bmp

Those IP addresses would be in the same subnet, so there should not be an issue. Managed switches or routers (both under control of IT) can block traffic on certain ports, so it may be that the messages are just not being forwarded. I would check with IT and see if there is anything like that going on.

Can you ping the PLC? If no, check router/switches. Is this an existing processor that you want to connect to or it is new & commissioning? what connection settings are you using for your CS1G-H? EIP, FINS TCP, Ethernet, etc... Easiest way to troubleshoot easier is to connect your laptop directly to the PLC and test from there. Not easy if the PLC is already commissioned and requires the ethernet link to other devices though.

Also, check on the card itself does not have a ERH red light coming on. It happened to me where I found a card setting on the front knob switches been tampered and ERH occured, but PLC still remains to function normally as it would. Make sure Unit number matches your IO Table setup, and your node number matches the last digits of your IP setup. In your case 222 = DE [hex].

You may also need to setup a routing table in the network settings.

Found we had a bad ethernet switch. Changed the switch out and I was able to connect. Tried to go online Monday and could not. I could get online with other equipment...Omron and A/B. Got another laptop and was successful connecting with the original controller. Not sure what is going on here. Will research some more and fill you in later. Thanks for your help, Jason