Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
james2288

CX Designer Images / Graphics

5 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am working with CX Designer 3.111 and I am trying to create a conveyor floor plan on my screen but can't create a image that works. I have tried using the inbuilt drawing tools but they are not accurate enough, I have tried drawing in autocad and converting to dxf and importing but only the straight lines show up and none of the curved lines . I have tried in autocad converting the image to BMP but when the file is imported into CX Designer it crashes. I have been successful with making and importing a BMP with photoshop but I am not good with photoshop and takes me a very long time to make a image. Does anyone know some simple to use software to create images that are compatible from scratch or have some clever ideas to achieve this? Thanks

Have a look for bit map images on the internet. BMP files from Paint work.

I have had good success with conveyor layouts by first creating the layout in Autocad and then print to Adobe pdf file. Then open the pdf file and capture the image with Adobe image capture command and paste to Windows Paint. Those bitmaps should be readable and useable in CX Designer. Remember that the maximum size for any one bmp in Cx Designer is 1mb.

Jay - Thanks a lot that's exactly what I was after. Saved me a lot of trouble and frustration! Also thanks for the 1mb limit tip. Didn't know that either! BobB - Appreciate the help but I am doing custom layouts and need to draw from scratch. Cheers Guys Edited by james2288

Hi,james. Have you found your way out? I am a newbie here and want to offer some help, But I am not working with CX Designer 3.111. But I wonder whether there are some imaging tools can help with that? I am testing with another Image processing progarm these days. I hope you success. Good luck. Best regards, Arron