Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirius0

What is -|| |- and a remote IO reference please

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am having difficulty with a CQM1 PLC. I am trying to understand how the serial remote IO is mapped. i keep seeing these -|| |- What are they? I am also trying to figure out what address ranges mean what. I have downloaded a few manuals and as I am trying to fix a machine I am time slicing between these and looking at the code. It looks like normal outputs start at 100.00. I have a CQM!-SRM21-V1 master unit and two single byte remote units. One input and one output. Physically a byte each; set up for the same node which apparently is OK. The master is in slot 5 (first slot is zero) trying with an un-commented program to figure out what addresses the remotes would use. Advice, document reference or link, or sympathy appreciated. :) Thanks Chris

The W266 manual contains the information on the SRM21 module, here is a link: Omron W266 CompoBus S Manual There is a separate section in the manual for the CQM1-SRM21 that provides addressing information. CQM1 memory areas and programming are in the W228 manual: Omron W228 Manual The symbol you are asking about is a one shot rising contact. This would work the same as a contact from a DIFU instruction. The contact will only be true for the first scan after the bit turns on. The bit must go false then back on for the contact to pass power again. Hope this will help.

Thank you, very informative. i will post how I go.

Thank you. I learn't a lot from this problem. The remote IO was failed. It only existed because the manufacturer had various accessories that could be attached to the main machine. We only use one accessory so we have run a multicore and reprogrammed to use local IO only. Chris