Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Div_by_zero

making a library object a pushbutton in FT View Studio

5 posts in this topic

FactoryTalk View Studio... Is it possible to take a library object (a solenoid valve, in my case) and make it into something the operator can press? I want the operator to be able to press a solenoid valve graphic in order to manually fire it. Currently, I only have the valves color animated. Thanks for any help here.

Use a button. Draw a box around object and make the button transparent

Ah, now that should work! I don't imagine the box is 100% necessary though?

Apply touch animation to the object.

Are you using FactoryTalk View SE, or FactoryTalk View ME ? Touch animation is an SE-only feature for objects. Many of the Library objects are just assemblies of native objects like arcs and rectangles and polylines. To use them as indicators, you typically use the Animation features of FactoryTalk View to change their color or size or position. To use a Library object as a button, there are two common approaches that I have used. The first is to export or copy the object as a BMP file, then use it as an ordinary Graphic Image as an attribute on a Pushbutton object label. The disadvantage of that is that you lose the ability to animate elements of the Library object. If I want to use both animation and a pushbutton, I use the technique described above of putting a transparent pushbutton above the library object. I like to Group them together so I don't accidentally move one and leave the invisible part behind.