Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Furnaceman

Filetype question

3 posts in this topic

I have to work on a Schneider Electric based system for the first time. This is an incineration plant controlled by a Modicon 320 and Magelis HMI. The customer wants improvements to the screen design and some troubleshooting of an unreliable part of the logic. My understanding was that I need Vijeo Designer for the screen and Unity Pro for the PLC. I have obtained Vijeo Designer Lite and the customer has sent me a disk with the back-ups. I have an .stu file, and a .SwxCF file. Problem I have is that VD won't recognise the .stu file to import, although it's possible it's not saved in a decompilable form. Also, I understood SwxCF to be a GE Fanuc file extension. Does Unity Pro use the same format or have they sent me the wrong files? Forgive my ignorance but I'm a complete noob when it comes to Schneider. I use Horner APG or Allen Bradley usually.

Hi, The stu file is the one used by unity for Premium or M340 plcs. It's a specific version file, that means you need the same version of the software than the one used to create the application. Vijeo designer lite is only for small hmi like xbt R and xbt N. If you have an XBT G or GT you need Vijeo designer. I have no idea about the swxcf file. JC Edited by acpi

Just to add to ACPI vijeo desinger uses a *.vdz file Unity you will need a stu (version has to be the same) or sta or xef