Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KenE

Calling SFC from another SFC in IEC Developer?

4 posts in this topic

Hello, Also, is there any limitation to calling SFC functions or programs from within another SFC program?? I'm trying to write a multi-station progam for a machine using SFC and I like the parallel and sequential nature of SFC. Thanks, ~Ken

Every program has its limitations, but within reason there are no limitations of using SFC programming in GX-IEC Developer. I assume you are using a System Q PLC. Jumping from one SFC Pou to another, parallel and sequential programming is allowed. Suuces

Hello, Thanks for the reply. How owuld one go about "jumping" from one POU to another. Is there a way to have my stations programmed in seperate POU and have them called by a master organization POU that is also SFC? Thanks! ~Ken

In your master SFC program you need to program a counter for you're slave stations. Depending on this counter a sub SFC program needs to run. You can't' jump for one POU to another with the standard jump function. All the jumps need to be programmed in the same POU. Logical because it's one SFC program. If you make a counter in an action pool and use that counter in the Slaves SFC as a start condition you can jump through the SFC programs. Succes.