Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wal

GX Works2 help installation

8 posts in this topic

Hi to everybody. Don't know why, but the help was not installed automatically on GX Works2. When I press F1, instead of help an advise to install the help only. I put original DVD disk and started installation. There was no options like, "Install help". Why the help was not installed? What did I wrong? How can I get help installed? regards, Wal

At a quick guess - you have probably got the help feature disabled in windows. Either a service or something else. Not in gxworks, but windows

Thank You Goody, as I understand the help means a special file nested somewhere in computer. Where shoud I look for it? Where is the control for the Windows Help feature?

You mean the help for FX PLCs? That's in a different directory on the original DVD and needs to be added from there. The rest of the help is built in. Just the FX F1 help is not, as it comes from a different factory than the software.

Thank You Crossbow for the answer. I mean help for GX Works2 when the button F1 pressed. For the project FX3U is used. What should I do to get help (not an error message, like now)? What is the name and extension of the help file, *.chm, *.hlp or something different? Where must be it placed? Where to get it?

If I push F1 I get this: Did you try "Help" and then "GX Works2 Help" from the menu bar?

As I said, FX help is separate. Browse the DVD for a directory called DocFX and run the setup file. This is documented in the manual for GX Works2.
1 person likes this

I have a new question. When I run gx works2 v1.98 c F1  help 

For example, pressing the F1 button while on TON-1 opens the page about the TON time relay. Now the general help book is opening

how can i fix this