Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shailesh

RS Logix 5000 V20.0

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, I am using RSLogix 5000 V20.0 software. I am new at this software.. i am facing a software issue right now. While opening the following errors are coming and it closes software again and again. I can open sample projects and can create new projects. I have images of error description. Plz guide me through this. Thanks, s_vb

The only way to diagnose and repair this problem is to do as suggested in the second screenshot: contact Rockwell Automation Technical Support and send them the dump file that was created when the software crashed. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Rockwell Automation\RSLogix 5000\Logs\RSLogix 5000 Fatal Error.Dmp

I have the same issue after Rockwell Tech tried to fix another issue. Tech support is working on this matter now. Please post if you find anything, thanks.

Hi Shailesh, I've come across this before. While I can't say for sure that you have the same problem as I did, it looks the same and is worth a shot. While you may have V20 of RSLogix5000, when you open an existing project, it opens it in whatever version of firmware the PLC is using. So if you open a project for a PLC running firmware V18, it opens RSLogix5000 V18. Now. Version 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 of RSLogix5000 are all compatible with Windows 7. Version 16 is not (don't ask me why). So every time you try to open the program from a PLC running version 16 firmware, it crashes in much the same manner as that. Furthermore, in a lot of cases, the when you click on your Logix5000 icon on the desktop or start menu, it opens whichever version was opened last. So if you try to open a V16 project, you won't be able to open Logix5000 again until you open a different file, rather than just clicking on the icon on the desktop, as it will just reboot V16 and crash again. This nearly gave me heart palpatations one weekend on a critical shutdown until I worked it out ;) I'm not sure how you would check which version of firmware the PLC is running without being able to open it, but if your system is behaving like this, it could be your issue. If you have a virtual machine (or a physical machine) running XP, try opening it on that and see if you have any luck. If you don't have that option, upload the file here and someone might be able to try it out for you :)

Sparky, To avoid this issue, I go to the Rockwell download site and download all versions of the software, doing this allows whichever program you are opening to run with the software it was created with. Steve

Steve, Yes, this allows you to open it with V16, but V16 still isn't compatible with Windows 7. If it's a V16 project, he will only be able to open it on XP. If you haven't got all the versions (or at least the version it was created with) you can't open it at all - you can't open a V16 project with V17, etc. Alan