Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigSaver

Problem connecting RS232 with CX-Designer

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, new member here. I tried to connect plc with my laptop to view the HMI that i designed. Every time i tried to test ,this msg always appear although i double check my com setting. Can anybody point me the right ways to fix this problem? Thanks

What screen? Is the serial port set up for the PLC connection, not for PC connection? What cable are you using?

i'm using my laptop screen as my HMI. Currently using normal usb to serial port but i already change the ground pin to pin 9. can see through this picture. The converter cable i only connect tx rx and ground only. is right connection? Edited by BigSaver

Did you program the PLC? You should be using the same cable you use to program the PLC. In the CX Designer 'Test' dialog, be sure to select 'Connect to PLC' then choose your PLC model and Network type. This can be found in the CX Programmer project by double clicking on the PLC in the project tree. Also be sure they match the Serial settings in CX Designer.

This is my 3 step when connecting my PC to PLC. Is there anything i miss? thanks

Did you program the PLC? You should be using the same cable you use to program the PLC. What PLC model are you hooking your adapter cable to? Try jumpering 4 to 5 on the PLC end of the adapter cable.

Im using USB cable to program my PLC. My PLC wont detect the serial even after using "direct online" function on Cx-programmer. Currently using CP1E-N20DT I found this cable connection diagram, is this type of connection u mean? My current connection only 2-2, 3-3 and 5-9. Thanks! :) Edited by BigSaver

Found the solution! after i follow the connection above ,finally my PLC n PC can communicate. Yay! haha thanks all. :notworthy:

Is the cable configuration is valid for PLC CP1E?