Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cekann

Browsing DF1 Nodes

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to switch between two SLC PLC's - connecting with DF1 serial connection. When I connect to the new PLC, after successfully connecting to the previous PLC, I can't see the second PLC in RSWho. Up until this point what I have done is go into the COnfigure Driver and AutoConfigure the DF1 driver. When hat is done and I would go back to RSWho the connected PLC would show up. Now I have new laptops with Windows 7 x64 and when I go to AutoConfigure RSLinx locks up - so I can't use that method. Can anyone help me on how to refresh or toggle between PLCs in DF1? Thank you for your attention, CK

If the controller serial ports are configured the same, you shouldn't have to do any sort of 'refresh' or 'reconfigure' other than enabling browsing in RSWho. Since Autoconfigure doesn't work, you'll have to set the ports up manually. Do you have copies of the offline programs you could examine to see what might be different between the two controllers ? Are you using a USB/RS232 converter ? I mention this because many of them don't support the rapid changes to port configuration that the DF1 Autoconfigure feature performs. I've had good luck with the Keyspan USA-19HS.

I got a hold of our local distributor. They told me to delete the two "Harmony" files - .hrc and .rsh. NOT the DLL file. That seemed to do the trick. I am using a USB adaptor and have to watch if the COM Port changes - I've had it happen. Although so far these new Windows 7 laptops - the ports seem more stable, less variable. Thank you for your suggestions

Deleting those files resets some saved driver status and configuration information; I'm not totally sure what. Deleting them is a common step for fixing browsing problems, but I haven't encountered exactly the symptoms you are describing. Thanks for posting the followup !