Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenPLC

Omron CPM2A serial communication failure

3 posts in this topic

I recently did a barcode scan project with a CP1L into the serial port successfully using a home-made C200HS-CN220-EU (got an Omron cable guide from tech support) , but I am having no luck trying this on a CPM2A with the same cable. I also tried a - CN229-EU. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I am beating my head against the wall trying to get this to work. I used the same program from the working program on the CP1L except I changed the addressing format and PLC type to CMP2A. Settings are RS232, baud, etc. are matching, and I'm using 256 received bits. With the CPM2A, what ALL settings should be set to allow (for example) a barcode scanner at 9600 7 1 even (with 256 bytes recieved data set, and CTS disabled)? I'm doing this on the DB9 Host link port on the PLC. Besides the 'Settings' section of the PLC, is there another place that the settings need to be input?? I don't mean to be negative, but I'm little disappointed in the lack of straight-foreword information about this. I called tech support a while back on this and got several different answers with different individuals. I would be surprised (pleasantly surprised) if someone could help me resolve this. Thanks, Ben

CPM2 can not handle all instructions that the CP1 can do. If not done i would check that first.

Hi! I've done this couple of years ago. I was using 2 barcode readers and a CPM2A on both communication ports. Your cable is ok. The comm switch (yellow) should be off. I've attached the program. Just look at the settings and for RXD instruction. Sorry for coments, they are not in english. Sorin. inspectie coduri final Rev B.zip