Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mehtab

how to work without retentive timers

10 posts in this topic

Hello Experts, i am new to this forum and the basic purpose of joining this forum is to discuss problem here and through discussion solve the problems with the help of experts ideas and new members too, i am electronics engineer and i have a project that is copper electroplating of PCB plates.and unfortunately i have to work with Delta PLC 14ss as recommanded by our supervisior so that is. problem is that its does not contain RETENTIVE timer.its just contain RETENTIVE counter i.e 113~127. but i need retentive timer because without this i think i am unable for this project. please give solution for retentive timer or alternate of this. 14ss also does not contain set and reset. waiting for good responce...!!! cheers... Mehtab...

Does it offer clock pulse bits? Most PLCs have pulses which go off in fixed time intervals, such as 1 second. Simply add the 1 second pulse to your logic to run a counter, and you've got a time counter.

it doesnot contain clock pulse bit..... Edited by mehtab

I suggest a different PLC, maybe different supervisor too.

but available source is this only..without this i ll lost chance for this project..kindly help me. please.....!!

A quick google search turned up a lot of garbage and this: http://www.delta.com.tw/product/em/control/plc/download/manual/SS%20Instruction%20Sheet-English-20060505.pdf I see both 10 ms and 100 msec timers so you may be able to use these for the timebase to the counters as mentioned above. Hope this helps, Steve
1 person likes this

If you can't do it with the PLC you have, and you can't get a different PLC, then you don't want the project. Let it go.

hello experts.....!!! its done.i used M1013 that is 1sec clock(0.5sec off and 0.5sec on) ,i give this pulse to retentive counter that is counting pulse .e.g i set the value of counter is 5 then its means 5sec delay. because pulse just add value in timer after 1 sec... its working. am very happy...... you save me from insult by my supervisor.. Thanks.....
1 person likes this

On 5/28/2013 at 11:12 AM, mehtab said:

hello experts.....!!! its done.i used M1013 that is 1sec clock(0.5sec off and 0.5sec on) ,i give this pulse to retentive counter that is counting pulse .e.g i set the value of counter is 5 then its means 5sec delay. because pulse just add value in timer after 1 sec... its working. am very happy...... you save me from insult by my supervisor.. Thanks.....

please help me the rung how to build that , i also facing same problem with retentive timer,

i am trying but not under stand how to take M1013.

count pulses produced by M1013 or use timer to generate own clock (faster or slower).