Peter SD

Factorytalk Me to SE Conversion problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have written a quite large ME project with a view to converting it to SE and using it on a PC too. I started in ME after reading that it's possible to convert to SE but with some restrictions. Anyway, I opened a new SE project and imported the ME project from the MED file and found that none of the Text boxes had any data, just a ?. Most of the other graphical items and animations etc look good. I also tried importing directly in to the Graphics folder. same result. Any ideas? Regards Peter

A "?" during runtime indicates a lack of proper configuration of the communications. 1.Check the shortcut pointing to your Controller in your RS Linx Enterprise server communication setup. 2.Check the connection of your PC to your controller. Edited by Anirban Hazra

This is just Text written into text boxes. No tags, no communications. You would think that Text boxes would be the easiest thing to convert. Peter Edited by Peter SD

Got it solved. As usual a simple thing. The Me project was in EN(GB) and the Se project was in En(US). Change of languages. No En(US) to import. Ok Solved. Hope this helps others. Regards Peter

Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum, I hope you can help me a little.

I've a project but its the opposite, I need to convert a Site Edition Project to a Machine Edition, I've a laptop with Windows 10, 64 bits, I've install the Factory Talk View Studio v10.

I don't know if it's possible to do it, I want to change the PC that it's in the machine to a Panel View.

I hope somebody can help me with the steps to do it.

I'll be very grateful.