Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balakumar2013

barcode scanner with cpm2c PLC(omron)

6 posts in this topic

Can any one tell, How to interface and program to receive data form microscan barcode scanner to omron cpm2c -s plc?

Please let us know the details about your bar-code scanner. I believe your bar-code scanner uses serial commands over RS232. In this case you can use CS1W-CN118 (cable convert mini-peripheral port to an RS-232C port) to communicate with the device. But still you have to read user manual of the bar-code scanner to identify serial commands.

Welcome to the Forum. You will need a CPM2C-CIFx1 (01=RS232, 11=RS485) communication adapter to connect a barcode scanner to the CPM2C-S. The port is then configured for the proper communication parameters with CX-Programmer under Settings. You use the TXD instruction to send data to the scanner and the RXD instruction to read data from the scanner. Here is a link to the Operation Manual W377 manual And a link to the Programming Manual W353 manual Hope this will help.

Hi, have you tried CPM2C-S that gtsuport recommended to you? Did it wor well?

not yet. but i 'll try it within these days

Hi, Sparky. I wonder whether there are any difference between the barcode scanner I am testing these days and the one you mentioned above?