HKU_MS

FTV machine edition using an .RSS file

4 posts in this topic

does anyone know if there is a way to link panelview tags to .RSS addresses, so that graphic and device connections can be made in offline programing without having to type in the address everytime

FactoryTalk View ME does not support Offline Tag Browsing for the PLC-5 or SLC/MicroLogix platforms, only for ControlLogix. So your only options for offline tag assignment are typing in the address manually (for Direct References) or creating an HMI Tag Database by importing the Symbol/Address database from RSLogix 500. The database import feature is well described in the User Manual.

To bring tags from an RSS file into Factorytalk Machine Edition - Ensure the RSS file in on the development computer The 'Symbols' in the RSS file will become the 'tags' in Factorytalk 1. Factorytalk - RSLinx Enterprise - Communication Setup Setup named device shortcut and link to the Micrologix Leave 'Offline Tag File' blank. Apply, Copy from Design to Runtime OK (keep a note of shortcut name) 2.Factorytalk - HMI Tags - Tags Edit - New Folder (make at least one - more if you want to keep tags organized) Edit - Other Datatabases Fill in 'folder' from above step. Fill in 'RSLinx Shortcut' from step 1 Browse to find RSS file Use 'Filter' to keep current viewed tags managable Highlight desired addresses/tags then click 'OK' (Do less than 100 at a time. There is a limit above this and it just doesn't import but there is no warning) 3. Under 'Graphics' create at least one display and one object. Open the object to the 'Connection' tab Click on 'Tag' ellipsis (...) In 'Tag Browser', left side - right click on top folder and choose 'Refresh All Folders' Folders should now contain tags imported in #2 above. You can always repeat #2 and #3 to add more tags from the RSS file.

Hi B—Carlton

i am new here and new to rslogix 500 and FactoryTalkview

i am stuck at where you say HMI-tags -edit tags ....when I go to the tags it does not allow me to right click and select edit tags , it only allows me on the tags file it self to select open . And when I open there is no way I can add a new file for the tag . Could you help me here to get the tags from my plc offline 

thanks