Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stefano

WAGO 750 Series I/O Interface via A-B ControlLogix 5562

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have just started using WAGO PLC modules. For a particular project, I need to communicate with the WAGO setup via a Allen-Bradley ControlLogix 5562 processor and EtherNet/IP module. The modules I have, in their physical order, are as follows: 750-352 Fieldbus coupler 750-508 2 Channel digital output module 750-537 8 Channel digital output module 750-1415 8 Channel digital input module 750-473 2 Channel analog input module (4-20mA) 750-464 2-/4- Channel analog input module (RTD) 750-555 4 Channel analog output module (0/4-20mA) 750-634 Incremental encoder interface module Basically my problem boils down to determining the input and output process images for this setup. I have read the relevant manuals and guides and I believe I understand how the fieldbus controller sets up the process images but there is clearly a mistake, given the problems I have been having. Any help would be much appreciated.

if in doubt and have nobody to help you, i would suggest to try adding modules incrementally. this way you can get one module to work (at a time) and after you do 2-3 of them, your confidence will grow. if it does not work, change size for input (or output) and try again. when configuration matches, you will not have yellow warning sign on the node. to create node just open your plc program and: 1. add generic ethernet module 2. assign valid ip address, 3. set Comm Format to SINT (because there is no Byte format in RSLogix) 4. Set Assembly instance for Input to 107 and Size to (number of Input bytes in image) +1 5. Set Assembly instance for output to 101 and Size to (number of Output bytes in image) 5. set Assembly instance of configuration to 1, and size 0 6. leave everything else at default (RPI = 10ms) Note that some cards are half a byte, so if you add three of then then your image is 1.5byte but you have to set it as 2. Also image for analogs come before digital, even if they are physically mounted after digitals... for example, you just use 750-352 and one of 8-ch input modules (and of course power and termination module). that means one byte input (8 ch = 8x 1bit = 1 byte) and zero byte output. in this case your Input size should be set to 2 (for inputs you add 1) and output size is zero. as said you may try different size until you get no yellow warning mark in RSLogix5000 on the ethernet module representing Wago 750-xxx block

I just figured out this process and I got it to work fine. Follow the attached document and you shouldn't have any problems. You will need a few things if you do not have the correct firmware in your 750-352 unit. If you have a FW version less than 1.06, there will be some features not available when you go online with the unit. These features are helpful when figuring out the correct instance and size when you make a new module in your RSLogix code. WAGO 750-352 setup1.doc