Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NSISS

Ge Fanuc 90-30 Program

3 posts in this topic

Good Morning, We have a series of GE Fanuc 90-30 PLCs around various sites in the UK. I have been tasked with getting backups of the software from these PLC, the problem I have is I do not know what software was used when programming the PLC or who programmed them, I know with some PLC it is important to use the correct software when taking the backups so they are useable without affecting the operation of the PLC, in the event you needed to replace the CPU in the event of a fault or re-install the software were the PLC to fail and loose it's programme. The buildings were built around 2004 - 2006 I understand this may not help but I wondered if this would give an idea of what software may have been used, if this were important. Further to this can anyone recommend somewhere to get a basic PLC training course for a Fanuc 90-30 PLC in the UK where we could carry out backups and module replacements and where I am likely to be able to purchase the required software. Thanks in advance

I can help with some of your requests. First is getting the backups from that vintage 90-30 can be done with the current version of Proficy Machine Edition Standard Software. Anytime a program needs to be loaded into a new processor, it will operate the same. See this link: To find your nearest dealer use this link: For training begin here, also look into their online training or youtube tutorials as it may be all you need. Also contact your suppler and ask if they have training available. If you are an OEM ask them about the OEM Edge and Solution Provider programs, if you qualify one will be just right for you.

Thats great thnak you very much