Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drforsythe

MCGS Operator Interface Panel Software

4 posts in this topic

All: We recently purchased a very inexpensive cutting machine that utilizes an operator interface touchscreen from China. The manufacturer is MCGS and the part number is TPC 7062KX. Do any of you know where I can get the software for this? I have done some web searches, but most of the hits are Chinese websites with no English text option. Any suggestions? Obviously, I can convert to another manufacturer, but the purpose of this machine is R & D, it was low cost to develop a process. The machine is not a long-term solution to our problem, so I don't want to convert at this time. Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

I apologize that I cannot help you, but let this be a reminder to all who seek "cheap" Chinese equipment. There are hidden costs that you need to consider.

RussB: We understand the risks of buying such equipment. We have a problem to solve in order to make a more manufacturable and easier to use product that this machine can help with. The machine was purchased to be used as a research and development project. We knew full-well that the machine was inferior to anything we could design and build ourselves. However, the machine was a standard piece of equipment, readily available and already doing some of the features we need at our Chinese manufacturing facility. We will be taking the lessons learned about our process needs and the existing machine to create one that will fully meet our needs. If anyone is interested in hearing about the shortcomings of this machine, I can show you the list we generated prior to ordering it when we justified the cost. Guess what? The cost was still justifiable even with the changes. Will the machine run 20+ years with no issues? No way, but it will run long enough to suit our needs. That being said, hopefully I can get a response from someone who can source me the software so I can correct the spelling mistakes and streamline the screens.

drforsythe, did you ever find a source for the software? I have the same part and have been looking for the software. Thanks!