Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fenix

GX Works 2

8 posts in this topic

Hello, is there a way how to exclude program from "Execution Program" task in GX WORKS 2 without deleting it? GX WORKS 2 automatically deletes selected program from execution program and POU unit as well. In GX IEC Developer - which I've been using previously there was a Task_Pool. If I dind't want main program to execute any subprogram POU I've created I simply deleted this file from Task_pool and it wasn't executable by Main program no more, but it stayed there. Isn't there a similar way how to do this in GX WORKS 2? thanks.

Hi. Thanks for answer. We are using FX3U CPU and simple project (imported from GX Developer - open other project). In this case, there is not any task. I'm afraid it's not possible on simple project, only on structured project.

FX does have different limitations. FX processors only allow one program called MAIN. So the execution table builds the order for the programs to run. I have not tried it, but perhaps if you do not include a program in the execution table it will not be included in the compiled program. Why not upgrade it to a structured project?

I don't understand how you managed to import an FX3U program from GX Developer into GX Works2 which has more than one POU (Abart, ERRORS_G,...)? In simple ladder (GX developer), an FX3U program can only have one POU called MAIN because there can only be one "program file" in the CPU called MAIN. Upgrading to structured program will not help if you want your POU to remain in simple ladder (and not structured ladder) since it will have the same limitation. It has to be noted that Mitsubishi introduced a solution to this problem which allows multiple simple ladder POU's inside one MAIN program file IF you upgrade your project from simple ladder to simple ladder with labels (and therefor introduce a compiler stage). In that case, Mitsubishi introduced something called "program linkage order setting" which allows you to join a number of simple ladder POU's (up to 256 i think). In that case, the compiler will join these POU's into one MAIN program file before downloading it into the cpu. This was introduced in a fairly recent version of GX Works2 and is only possible on FX because only FX has the "one program file" limit in the CPU. Edited by Mitsu

OK, I try to explain it. I have GX Developper project. This project was created by somebody from our mother company in GX Developer. We are programing in GX IEC Developer (I realy don't like GX Developer, but don't want to start flame). In our company, we have all softs (GX Developer, IEC developer and GX Works too). I found that GX works2 can open GX developer project so I did it. Another step was converting project (see attachment). After converting I could split project from one main pou into many alone POUs (copy - paste). I realy hate one pou project. This project is very large (more than 13000 steps). Spliting into alone pous was very usefull for me. I know, best option would be to rewrite it to structured ladder, but I have no time to do it. So I have ladder project with several pous, I can move up and down this pous in task, but only thing I miss is what I wrote before.

Is it possible to open gx dev project into gx works and convert / upgrade it to structured ladder? CPU is fx3u. I'm really newbie in gx works. I did all my projects in gx iec developer, it means in structured ladder.

In that case and since you are already in "simple ladder with labels", program linkage order is what you could use. See this manual, chapter 6.17 "Setting program linkage order (FXCPU)". It allows you to "string together" 64 simple ladder POU's into one program file "MAIN" that will be downloaded to the cpu. You need a fairly recent version of GX Works2 for this option. That is the only way you can get multiple simple ladders POU's in an FXCPU. The only other way is to convert your simple ladder POU's into strcutured ladder POU's but that means you need to rewrite your program (since there is no way of converting simple ladder POU's into stucturded ladder POU's) Edited by Mitsu