Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jhaine02

Reporting Disconnected I/O

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys , Just wondering if there is a way to recognize in RS Logix 5000 that the I/O modules are disconnected in the form or an alarm bit or status bit ? I have module faults in there but they only work when a module is powered and reporting its fault status to the plc Thanks in advance

There is a simple ladder logic "connection status monitoring" example at Page 15 of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm015_-en-p.pdf

would this work for power supply statuses as well? *guess I should rephrase this, is there a way to do this for power supplies as well? Edited by jjb5x4

I don't believe so...Afterall, power supplies are not what I would call "smart" devices... However, most of the available modern power supplies provide the user with a functionality auxiliary contact (mostly NO, CLOSED when the PS is functional); you could connect one of your sytem's inputs to the PS auxiliary contact and monitor its functional state within the ladder logic. Edited by dmargineau
1 person likes this