Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Melsecwontwork

FX-16MR Wiring Issue

7 posts in this topic

With power going to the PLC the Run light won't come on when switched to run mode. The other three operation lights on the front at on save that one. I'm wondering is this indicative of a serious technical issue or is it more likely that the LED is broken? I'm hoping the latter so that it can still be used to control the unit I'm installing but if not, well I'll need to source a new PLC at such short notice. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? Thanks Conor

Probably a defect unit. LED's normally last "forever". Does the PLC function properly or are there any other problems? If it works OK then the LED is probably defect, if the PLC won't work I', pretty sure you have a defect PLC.

Is the model just FX or FX nn I seem to remember that you could make input X0 or X1 the run command on the FX model.

You can do that on both series via plc parameter, but since the error led's are lit I would still guess a hardware problem...

maybe you can check for hardware error with PLC diagnostics function?

No mention of error lights???

Maybe I misunderstood this sentence: Maybe the topic starter could give us some more info...