Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest BinaryBob

Mitsubishi Hints

3 posts in this topic

Hello! First time post for me. Not much of a lurker, I just like to jump right in. I work as an electrical technician in a manufactuering plant. I have been troubleshooting PLC's since about 1981. The first brands/models I learned on were IPC 300's and IPC 90's. As my employer converted equipment away from relay logic we often were blessed with PLC's that were chosen based on the what the design engineer wanted to buy, not what we already had set up in stores. And of course this sort of equipment goes obsolete just about the time you wire it up so that also dictated what was being installed. The brands I have had the most experience with are Honeywell, Allen-Bradley, GE Fanuc, ModiCom. By far the most common were I work is AB, with Honeywell second. It has been passed throught the grapevine that corporate is now mandating one brand of PLC of all future installations. Of course they chose a brand that we have not had before. They have chosen Mitsubishi. I would like to know if anyone can direct me to an online simulator so that I can begin learning how to troubleshoot this brand of PLC. I have never know two PLC manufacturer's to use the same I/O addressing method. It would not surprise me to find out that one manufacturer uses Roman Numerals for theirs. Typically this is the first place I run into problems, learning the addressing method used. Thank you for any direction you can give me. Sincerely, BinaryBob Edited by BinaryBob

The software here in the states is GX-Developer and it has a optional simulator package available (GX-Simulator). I would reccomend calling your local Mitsu distributor and having someone stop by and give you a start. If your in the states you can find local support www.meau.com

on the same site that is suggested by Mc pherson, you can find trial software and documentation