Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brettshelley

2 x FR-S500 speed control

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, A customer has purchased two FR-S500 inverters. Both inverters are connected to separate motors. What he needs to do is a master/slave scenario. The speed of the main drive has to control the speed of the other drive. If I was to use the 4-20ma output of the main drive to the input of the second would it guarantee accuracy? Any input would be great... Cheers

In general yes, except that you'll have to use voltage, not current, as the FR-S500 doesn't have a current output.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, you were correct in saying voltage input!!! If I did use this system would that ensure the speed match? The only thing I was thinking about is to add a Mitsubishi PLC with two encoders connected from each drive. Then write a programme to read the master speed and adjust the slave speed according to the result of the slave encoder. Best offer???

It all depends on how critical your speed match is. You'll have to describe your application. Analog retransmitting is done all the time for conveyors and the like.