Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfls45

Crimson 3 sytax help needed

5 posts in this topic

This is a repost of my original. I deleted it simply for the fact that I was able to resolve it and didn't want to bog down this forum with unneccesary posts. I disagree with the person so who said it was selfish of me to delete it. Here it is with the solution. I am needing some assistance with a latching pushbutton in Crimson 3 but don't see a way to unlatch it. In the "Action" tab there are several Action Modes. I chose the Button Type "Turn ON". I am not seeing a way to "Turn OFF". I'm not seeing a way in the software how to do this. The pb will unlatch when a PLC tag writes to one of my HMI tags. Note: I need to make this a latching pushbutton due to the existing PLC code. I'm saying this because I know some will reply with a shortcut around not creating the latching pb, etc. Thanks for any help in advance. JFLS45 If you use Turn ON, it will set a bit in the PLC ON, and unless something in the PLC acts on that bit, it will remain ON for eternity. However, if I understand you correctly, you would have two tags in the Redlion display. One is tied to the bit in the PLC that you want to turn ON when the button is pressed. You should set it to Turn ON. Call this tag Tag1. The second tag should be tied to the PLC bit that when it is ON, you want the first tag to turn OFF. Call this Tag2. Use the Trigger Event of this second tag to look at "Active ON" and set the event to Tag1 := 0. This will only work properly if the PLC sets Tag2 back to 0 before you want to turn Tag1 back ON, otherwise it will continue to set it to OFF. Edited by jfls45

Lot of ways to do this. Simplest way is to just set the Data source for the HMI tag to the PLC tag. What controller are you using?

If you don't mind, would you be willing to restore your original question and then your solution, in case a future user encounters similar difficulty?
1 person likes this

That is VERY selfish! It is common to supply the solution for others who may come in the future with the same or similar problem. Edited by RussB
1 person likes this

I have reposted the question and a solution.