Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cnolet

Rs Logix 5000 V21 on XP

8 posts in this topic

Is there anybody to tell me if it's possible to install RS Logix V21 on a Windows XP virtual pc? The install seems to succeed but the software is'nt installed... Thanks!

RA says that Studio 5000 runs on Windows 7 or Server 2008. That's in the Product Profile, and in every presentation I have heard. Are you just trying to see if RA was supporting XP, but unofficially ? I will have to move to Windows 7 VMs once we start using v21. For now we're sticking with v20 and XP.

Yes, that's what I was trying to see. It looks like Ill have to switch and maintain both OS, for old versions! Thanks for your help!

Does Studio 5000 support the earlier firmwares like V18, 19 and 20? If so then how? I can't find that info anywhere?

It kinda does... You will have to install Studio 5000 V18, 19 and 20... ...Some 2.5GB Each...

Studio 5000 is ONLY applicable to versions 21 and above. Versions 20 and below are RSLogix 5000. You basically have to install both if you want compatibility on either side of the dividing line. Keep in mind, Studio 5000 editor and RSLogix 5000 are essentially the same program, it's just that version 21 brings a new name with it. Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't call it something like FactoryTalk Design Studio View Editor Station Logix 5000 SE ME XP 33 59 LE, but then again that would be expecting Rockwell to be consistent at something. Edited by The Turkey Slayer

When I have a reason to use Studio 5000 and a new PanelView Plus with v7 firmware, I'm going to make a new VMWare Virtual Machine with Windows 7 Professional as the OS, and move my XPSP3 virtual machines with Logix 5000 v16 through v20 onto the back burner. Progress marches onward !

Indeed RSLogix 5000 Rev.16 and Studio 5000 Rev.16 practically are the same "thing". However, there is a major difference between them: RSL5K 16 will run only on XP SP3 OSs while Studio 5000 Rev16 will run on Win7 OSs.