Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robbieb531

Email using a Control Logix and Enet Card

2 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to email more than one address using the MSG instruction in Logix 5000? i have everything configured just like the Allen Bradley manual for 1756-Enet cards suggest but it only shows how to send to one address. Do i have to have another MSG instuction for each email address?

What I do is use a series of ASCII inserts and a status marker to build the email message, then I send the message to the first recipient and clear the string that i have used for the message and start setting up the next one in the same manor. When I need to do this I create a UDT with all email addresses I have to send to and all messages I need to send. The UDT also includes some status bits to set and reset for who has had the message sent to them. I also use a simple ADD function to add 1 to a register every few second and use this for a rolling trigger for the messages. Once all recipients have had the message sent to them I clear all their status bits and look to see if there are any other messages that need to be sent. It can get some what complicated so I use the status marker to keep track of what is going on. Be low is a example of what I am talking about, hope it makes scene. If message_needed_trigger EQU 1 and one of the recipients sent bits are 0 then if email_MSG.EN is 0 then ( this would be the MSG instructions control tag) MOV 1 to status marker if status_marker EQU 1 then CLR email_message and MOV 2 to status_marker if status marker EQU 2 then if recipient_one_message_sent is 0 then insert email_address_1 into email_message and MOV 3 to status_marker (the email address will contain the To: dan@xyz.com From: systemPLC@xyz.com Subject:) if status_marker EQU 3 then if message_rolling_trigger is 1 then insert message_1 into email_message start at email_message.LEN and MOV 4 to status_marker (now the message is complete and ready to be sent) if status_marker EQU to 4 then MOV email_message.LEN to email_MSG.REQ_LEN and MOV 5 to status_marker ( this is when we move the message length into the MSG control tags length) After all then is done and the status_marker is EQU to 5 the message get triggered and sent. On the .DN bit I do a little house keeping i.e. clear the status_marker and set the bit that the recipient 1 has received the message. I hope this makes scene and I apologize if it does not, sometime I have a hard time explaining things. This is the basic setup I use, and should get you started, I also program a way for a user to insert and enable recipients through an HMI. If you need more help let me know.