Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bogdan_cp

Label printer+omron CPM2C

7 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to OMRON plc's and it is the first time I write in ASCII. So I am learning both I am using CPM2C+CIF01-V1. The PLC will be connected to a barcode printer. We should print two different barcodes (data matrix) with variables(manufacturing year and day) and part number (depending of the part's colour ).The barcode size 2x0.75 inch. If you have any proven methods (plc +printer) to do this task please help me. Please let me know what kind of industrial printer will be the cheapest for this project? Thanks Bogdan Edited by bogdan_cp

From memory you will need a CIF unit and with the right printer. I did it with a recipt printer. Use a TXD and pump out a string of memorys containing the ASCII data you wish to print from the serial port on the CIF unit.

I did that but still doesn't work. I have attached the test program. May I should change some settings(dip switches, program settings, etc.)? Regards Bogdan test.cxp

Re: SW1-off SW2-off RS 232: please look at the attached picture. Regards

Have you plugged the port into your PC and used terminal emulator. You might need winxp as win7 might have removed it. You will see if you are getting your data out the plc.

Hi Thanks for the all answers. The problem in fixed now. The cable between CIF module and the printer had wrong connections . I made the cable by myself and the printer is working fine. Thanks for your help Regards Bogdan