ianreeves

Got Recipe Advice

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm after a bit of advice. I'm developing a system that needs to use a series of recipes to select all the different machine parameters. The idea is for the user to scan a job sheet with a unique barcode (e.g 977-5645). I'd then like to select the corresponding recipe to change the machine parameters. The Screen is a GOT GT15 series and FX3U plc. So I wonder if anyone has any examples, or tips. I've looked at the standard recipe function but this only works if I code the part numbers to correspond to recipe 1,2 etc Which would be a pain if I wanted to add a new version so would have to modify the plc code rather than just generating a new recipe. Thanks to anyone with some tips !!!

Advanced recipes are better, but they don't have names, just numbers.

Hi ianreeves, the "External Control Device" of advanced recipes may help you. Use this device, you can select the recipe No, record No, and read/write recipe data by PLC program. Pleaase refer to "GT Designer3 Screen Design Manual"(SH-080867ENG) section 25.3......

Thanks Folks, I have the recipe functions working. But........ Does anyone know if you can select the various Recipes by NAME rather than number ? I'm thinking this would be a easy way for me to select directly from my scanned data, without code. That way I can add new versions by just using the recipe function and avoiding code all together ! Thanks Ian

There is not a method on GOT to select recipes by name.

Thanks, all the info was leading to that conclusion, just checking I wasn't being thick...... Thanks all.

When implementing a recipe function recently I ended up doing it the old way: completely in the program. This allowed the user to scroll through the recipe numbers and this scrolls through the names. This only had 25 recipes of 1 x 10 word name + 3 x Words + 1 x bit. The advanced recipe example from Mitsubishi uses a script to copy to the recipe to the plc anyway so it hardly the "finished article". I try to avoid scripts where possible as I prefer to keep all the logic in one place. I'm sure what you want can be done It's just never going to be as simple and elegant as the E series. Ideally you'd want a pop-up list of names - possibly sorted alphabetically- and scroll to select buttons. I.E. something user-friendly. The biggest issue would be memory allocation - if you can't use a large chunk of the plc memory then you have to find a suitable "front end" to the recipe function. It's hard to tell how this would work without a GOT to play with as the documentation is equivocal to put it politely. Sorry if this is off the point but this has been a big issue for me moving from the E series to GOTs and it would be good to find out if anyone has created recipe handling which is "state of the art" on a GOT. Edited by Veganic

GT15 advanced recipe example A link to a sample from Mitsubishi's website for the advanced recipe function. Another nice example with a search function GT16 advanaced recipe with search function example Hope this helps, Dave

Those examples are available (as your links show) from MEAU, which is Mitsubishi Electric in the US. Not sure those links will work on other countries, I know for many years they had restricted access to that website from certain time zones outside North America. Not sure if they still do. That's about as close as it gets to the E-Series function. Recipes are a bit more complicated, but the extremely reliable hardware (and the OS options for troubleshooting) in my opinion far outweigh the benefits of the E-Series. I just won't use E-Series anymore.

The link works for me, thanks.

Just clicked on both of them and downloaded both no problem.

hi guys. i've got a questions. simple recipe functions using with file numbers as you know can i use simple recipe function with scripts ? so, when i use simple recipe, can i "search" , "see" , "delete" ,"create" etc.. things using with scripts ? so, scripts will show me "program list" and i will select the program which i want and on another page show me inside the selected program :) any idea ? thanks