Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pieroserale

Siemens S7 313 communication

2 posts in this topic

Good morning all, I'm not new to the forum, but this is the first time a write a topic. I've used several times the samples I downloaded from the Omron section but I've got a problem I can not solve with my knowledge. My question is: our customer has this configuration: - CPU : Siemens Simatic S7 313C (6ES7313-5BG04-0AB0) - CP : Ethernet module - CP 343-1 Lean (6GK7343-1CX10-0XE0) I need to read and write data from/to the cpu but I can not understand how. The Plc technician (i'm a erp developer) told me I can use tcp/ip and gave me a document where I can see how the memory of the cpu is managed and where I need to write the commands, but I cannot figure out how to do it. For example: I need to write in DB513.DBW0 an int value from 0 to 9. How can I say to tcp protocol the right place where to write? I read lots of documentation and saw lots of sample, I found lots of projects using Modbus, but really don't know how to proceed. I need to use a standard tcp/ip protocol or a modbus or what else? Thank you in advance for the help, this is very urgent to us. P Edited by Pieroserale

Hello, TCP/IP is just the transport layer. You also need access to the application layer protocol, which I have not seen in a publically available document. You did not indicate what client you are using to communicate with the S7. If you are using Windows and working in the .NET environment, Automated Solutions offers a .NET component that communicates natively with Siemens S7 controllers over Ethernet. Trial software can be downloaded from this site's DOWNLOADS> Siemens> Demo Software section. -Mark