Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
velic

B&R Automation Motion ACOPOSMulti

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to commission an ACOPOSMulti system: P220220 active power supply module - 8BVP0220HW00.000-1 - version J0 C0160 Aux Power Supply module Double axis inverter module The system is wired up and connected to APC810 AR10 system via POWERLINK card. Both trigger inputs on X2 connector of the power supply are connected to external 24V. Power supply module has the following indications: POWER RDY - solid green RUN - off ERR - off POWERLINK R/E - solid green (power supply is configured as a double axis module in AS) L/D1 - blinking green BAT - off (battery not installed) 24V - off The internal 24V power supply is not generating 24V bus, so remaining components on the rack (inverter) are not powering on. Are there additional hardware or software steps that need to be performed to enable the power supply? Are there examples available for commissioning an ACOPOSMulti system? I saw a few on single axis drives, but nothing for the multi-axis rack system.

Hello, Please, check X1 plug in Active power supply and Auxillary PS, CR_OK and COM needs to be connected (COM form Active to Auxilliary and CR_OK form Active to Auxilliary). Check if the screw used to fix modules on rack are realy screwed (5N), because if not, Acopos will not works. Codes exemples for single axis are exactly same for Acopos multi systems. The only thing you need to do with Acitve power supply is to put it in STANDSTILL state to allow supply regeneration or resistor regeneration. Check if EPL node numbers are correct and try to connect Acopos with "Test center". If you connect Trigger1 and trigger2 on 24VDC make sur than your trigger dectection in Acopos init table is ACTIVE_LOW. Benlabrume.

Thank you very much. X1 interconnection did the trick. It is pointed out in the manual as well, but I kept missing that point.

When trying the switch on the power supply through text center or multi-axis library sample code, an axis displays an error: Error 6045: Power stage: Connection X5: no current flow. Seems like the drive/motor object is used to control the power supply and that particular check is a by-product of the motor that does not exist. The axis is configured to simulate the motor, otherwise other faults appear as well. I did check the incoming supply just in case. Are there steps, parameters that are specific for axis object controlling the power supply? Thank you. Denis

Hello, As I read, It's seem than there is no regeneration choke connected in your active power supply (X5 connector). I don't understand why you are simulating the motor on this axis? What error happen when simulation is off? Please, send me a screen shot of the mapping table. Benlabrume

I have the following line choke installed in the system: 8BVR0220H000.100-1. There is no filter. If motor simulation is turned off, I got motor temperature errors. I reconfigured the power supply again in order to get exact faults, but could not re-create the same behavior. My guess it is due to me updating AS and MC library with latest updates available on B&R site (AS version 3.0.81). NC Mapping table screen shot is attached. I did not change any values in axis INIT parameter table. Now during switch on command I get Error 7222: Power stage: Summation current connection x5. I can hear the power supply trying to power up as well so that's encouraging. Although voltage does check out on the incoming power supply (480V, 290V each phase to ground) this does appear to be a local issue and not configuration. May be the lack of the line filter affects the impedance of the supply. Thanks again for all the help.

Hello, You're right, the lacke of the line filter coud be the reason of your problem. Harmonics can cause grounding problems, and line filter is here to remove them. Benlabrume.