Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKla

Remote Programming QCPU

6 posts in this topic

Hello, We have an Q03UDE CPU with Ethernet interface installed on location. Here we have internet access through a router. Because of security settings only a few ports are opened on this router. The router can be configured to forward any data received on a specific port to the PLC and back, but I don't know which port the programming software (GX Works) uses to access the PLC (on the configuration I see only a TCP or UDP option, no port settings). I will connect with the software to the router fixed IP address. The local connection is working. Thank you. Edited by WKla

I have a Q03UDE with built in ethernet port, and the IP address is set up by clicking on PLC, then "Built in ethernet port" .... at least it is using IEC Developer.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding. The communication with the CPU works perfectly in the local ethernet network, but I want to remotely program the PLC and I don't know which TCP Port the programming software uses to access the PLC. Thanks.

It's in the QnUCPU User's manual (Communication via Buit-in Ethernet Port): 138EH (5006) MELSOFT transmission port (UDP/IP, via Built-in Ethernet port QCPU) 138FH (5007) MELSOFT transmission port (TCP/IP, via Built-in Ethernet port QCPU) 1390H (5008) MELSOFT direct connection port (via Built-in Ethernet port QCPU) Hope this helps. Edited by Mitsu

Thanks Mitsu. This is what I was looking for. Even though I've found the manual, I still didn't found the information in the manual. Anyway I found this: "The following numbers cannot be used as host station port number. 1388H to 1391H (5000 to 5009)" for Built-in Ethernet port QCPU.

WKla, Appendix 4 Port numbers used by the built in ethernet port