Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flylikechris

GT Designer 3 switch display help

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to make it so that a certain bit must be true in order for a switch to be operable. For example, the slide must be at the end of travel before you can press the button to return it. This is being done by the PLC, I won't allow you to reverse the slide until the certain condition is met. But I want to make it intuitive for the operator. The plan is to either not display, or grey out the switch while disabling its functionality. Any thoughts? Thanks

Hi All, I think I've found the solution to my problem. I am posting here in case someone down the road is looking for the information. The first step would be to look at the switch advanced settings tab "Trigger*". Assign your trigger type, and the device. My guess is that this is what either enables, or disables the touch region of the switch. Then if you want the switch to be invisible, use the following object script. if([b:<your bit device.] == ON) { my.active = 1; redraw_object(); } else { my.active = 0; clear_object[]; } Regards-

Another option is to go to the screen properties, on the key window advanced settings tab select prioritize screen settings over project settings button. Where it says "when operating conditions are not satisfied", check clear the input object. Works the same as scripting. Hope this helps. Dave
1 person likes this

Ahh yes! This is a very cool solution to the problem. I had no idea these options were available to me on the screen settings. This opens a whole new world of things for me to try, thanks!

plcdp that's for clearing a key window, not for hiding an object.

Actually I believe it is for both. There are two check boxes there, the first one is Clear the key window and the cursor, like you mentioned, and the second is Clear the input object. It is the second one that works with the trigger function and will hide the object unless the trigger is satisfied. Dave

As far as I knew, that second check box was specifically for numeric input and ASCII input. He asked about hiding switches. That's what the script is for.

Mabye I was misinformed, but I was forwarded a training document from Mitsubishi about show/hide objects and it describes both methods to do the job. I personally use it and it works fine. Dave

Does anyone know if anything like this is availible for the 1020 series ? I know it has the trigger function "On" but the "clear Input object" option is not availible in the key advanced settings. Or is the only way to overlay a object with Fill and No Fill options ?

Fairly sure the low end terminals like 1020 have no such functions. I always found anything less than a GT1040 to be too small to be effective.

The screen is a great size for the application, but as some of the functions are obviously missing. I just wanted to check I wasn't missing a trick. A filled / un-filled switch does the trick but just a little untidy Thanks Ian

where can I get the complete video tutorial for gt designer 3?

I am just new to this industry and join by accepting a project to automating AC plant. I learned how to use GXworks 2 but cannot find any video for guide or tutorial for GTworks3 or GT designer 3.